Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An ode to the circular needle

Oh circular needles! How wonderful you are! Seriously, they're versatile and flexible... you can knit in the round or back and forth, and if you want to knit something really wide, you don't have to worry about having a super long straight needle. Also, they're very transportable, since it's super easy to slide the stitches way down the needle without having to worry about dropping any. Currently, I'm using a 4mm 32" circular needle to knit a baby blanket for my friend Jo's baby (who hasn't quite arrived yet). I have about 6" so far, but there's still a ways to go. I hope I can finish it before the baby is born... I still don't know what to do with the edging. The two options are either a satin edging, like I remember my favourite baby blankets having, or a lacy crocheted edging in a complementary-coloured yarn (that fuzzy stuff is way too hard to crochet).



I guess that wasn't much of an ode, but whatever.

While I'm at it, I might as well dump a few other pictures. This is the different swatches I knit up for those two sock yarns I was contemplating using. As you can see, quite a difference in gauge. I guess they aren't interchangeable.



And finally, here's a little bracelet/cuff thingy I crocheted up with the very very last of that James C. Brett Marble Chunky stuff. I think it's pretty cute!


3 comments:

  1. I would definitely go for the satin edging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much like the bracelet thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, most people are telling me to go for the satin edging. Glad you like the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete