Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Silly sleep mask

A few weeks ago, I made this sleep mask for my boyfriend based on Velvet Oblivion from Knitty, modifying it a bit so that it doesn't look so girly. (The boyfriend says it looks sort of like a fruity version of the mask those guys from Halo wear.) Instead of knitting a fluffy border around one layer of sleep mask, I knit two layers and put a piece of fabric between them to maximize the light blockage. Then, I crocheted the two pieces together and knit a strap in garter stitch. The result is a much more manly sleep mask.

Anyway, a little while ago, I asked the boyfriend if he'd model it for me so I could take a picture for my blog, and he refused, so I asked him to take a picture of me wearing it. The following hilarity ensued:



Apparently I can't keep a straight face when someone is taking a picture of me blindfolded.

1 comment: