Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

An Afternoon at the Allen Gardens

I'm currently in the Townships visiting my parents, but I thought I'd write an entry about something that happened almost a month ago... During the last week of August, my mom and my friend Stevie came to visit. Mom's primary purpose was to visit her mother, but Stevie wanted to do some touristy things. He suggested we go to the Allen Gardens, which, to be frank, I had never heard of before. My mom told me that she used to go there as a kid with her parents in the middle of February to escape into a tropical paradise for a few moments. It's totally free to go, and has been around since 1858.



At the centre of the park is the Palm House, a structure built in 1909 which houses a variety of tropical plants. My favourite was the cactus room.



Here are a few of the better pictures I took:



Photobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment